Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"Get The Looks" with Smashbox Softbox


Below I have created the three looks you see here, from the Smashbox Softbox palette, as well as included step-by-step instructions (which come w/ the palette) and photos of the particular shades used. Please continue reading below to see all three looks & tutorials!!

Naturally Nude

Shades used: Vanilla, Sugar, Nude.

STEPS:
  1. Sweep Vanilla from crease to brow.
  2. Apply Sugar all over lids.
  3. Shade Nude into creases
  4. Line upper & lower lashlines with Bronze eyeliner.
The particular lid primer I used came with the Softbox palette, it's Smashbox's Photo Finish Lid Primer and im not a huge fan of it. Its thick, creamy, and pigmented so it serves as a base color + primer.... however, it made Sugar (a shimmer peach/pink) look like a matte shade once applied to lids and totally removed any shimmer :( So, i will now only use it with matte shadows. Because this is such a soft, feminine, light EOTD it was hard to capture properly on camera. IRL its very girly and pretty :) I like it alot. It would be a perfect work or school look.


Soft Smoke

Shades used: Flirt, Stone, Truffle.

STEPS:
  1. Apply Flirt from lashline to crease, all over lids.
  2. Shade Truffle into outer corners.
  3. Smudge Stone along bottom lashline.
  4. Line bottom & top lashlines with Taupe liner.
Its a pretty, simple, sophisticated look and a nice alternative to usual ‘nude’ shades. This time they’re all pretty grey/taupe shades Flirt is a shimmer/glitter, Stone is matte, and Truffle is satin/shimmer. I really like this one! I could see myself wearing this everyday, and it would be perfect for school and/or work wear also.

I used UD Primer Potion instead of Smashbox's Photo Finish Lid Primer with this EOTD because I really dont like Photo Finish at all. It makes all my pretty shimmery shades into mattes. Plus UD Primer Potion dries invisibly, which i also prefer.

Sultry Smolder



Shades used: Nectar, Lucky Penny, Sienna.

STEPS:
  1. Apply Nectar from lashline to crease, all over lids.
  2. Line upper lashline with Bronze liner.
  3. Shade Lucky Penny over Bronze liner and blend into outer corners.
  4. Once again, line top & bottom lashlines with Bronze liner.
  5. Shade Sienna over Bronze liner to soften.
It took me two times to perfect this look. I was reading the directions from the "Get The Look" pamphlet and was misunderstanding them. I just didnt get why I needed to apply bronze liner twice, and shade over it w/ two different eyeshadows.... twice. It wasnt until I watched the online video that I realized exactly why they want you to do that.

'Nectar' is so much more 'peach' toned IRL, photos are definitely not doing it justice. The look came out very bronzey and sexy looking. I liked it alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment